Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Letting Go























I am walking through a thick fog in a dark murky forest at dusk. As desperately as I want to maintain control of the situation, I can't see more than a few inches from the tip of my nose, so all I can do is shuffle along, hoping for the best. I am so worried that I will suddenly reach the end of the world without knowing it, and down I'll fall. Into the scariest place of all - the unknown, the darkness, the void.

The forest is full of strange noises and my imagination runs wild. Something tells me that the end of the world is just beside me, that I am walking along its edge as I make my way through the dark forest. And I wonder if the void is as scary and I think it is. I wonder if maybe I could finally get to know my Self in this frightening emptiness. And I wonder if perhaps the only way to find out what this life is all about is to turn my back to the darkness, open my arms to the sky, and allow myself to fall backwards into it.

No comments: