Sunday, August 3, 2008

Election 2008














Dear Mr. Obama,


Upon reading about your sudden shift in your policy to becoming open to offshore drilling, there is a very good chance that I will now vote for Ralph Nader.

Up until this point, I had planned to vote for you, but this change in your policy about offshore drilling has shown me that your principles are not as I thought they were.

I think it's important for you to know that there are many people who are on the fence between voting for you and Mr. Nader, simply because Ralph Nader is clearly actually "for the people" which I thought you were, and now am not so sure.

Any candidate who is "for the people" is also "for the environment" in which the people live. We are at a very important point in history, and the survival of the human species is the biggest issue that we face. Therefore, the cost of oil has little significance when compared with the continuation of the human species, which is priceless.

Thank you for reconsidering your stance on offshore drilling.

Sincerely,
Erin Pillman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be too swift to dismiss Obama. I've heard from some sources that he is moderating some of his stands so that he can actually live to be president. These sources claim there have already been 2-3 attempts on his life. I can easily believe this. When he cam to Fairfield last time the venue was literally crawling with SS agents.
Michael